SentryCard: A Hygienic Biometric Identification Solution
SentryCard Protects Against Data Breaches, Phishing Attacks, and COVID-19
There was a time when passwords — the gold standard of IT access control — were more than enough to keep the average enterprise data systems secure. But these days, organizations face the constant threat of phishing attacks, and passwords have lost their effectiveness.
With passwords no longer a viable solution, enterprises are highly vulnerable to data breaches and phishing attacks. These attacks are often so sophisticated that they fool even the most diligent and mindful team members — giving cybercriminals access to massive reserves of highly sensitive information.
To combat the risk of phishing attacks, many organizations resort to siloed data security strategies. Unfortunately, these siloed strategies inhibit the integration of key data systems — essentially hindering organization-wide communication and data synchronization. This limits the ability of decision-makers to gain a bird’s-eye view of advanced business intelligence, vital performance metrics, and profit-boosting machine learning forecasts.
How SentryCard Helps
SentryCard brings together the most cutting-edge biometric identification and cryptographic technology to achieve the following goals:
(1) Prevent phishing attacks without siloing data
(2) Overcome the biggest disadvantages of biometric identification
Ultimately, SentryCard keeps enterprise systems secure without the downsides that come with biometric ID technology.
Let’s take a look at how SentryCard’s biometric identification solution achieves these benefits.
More Secure Identification and Authorization
Sentry Enterprises built the SentryCard system as a joint project that would provide organizations with absolute identification confidence. Whether team members are accessing enterprise systems onsite or remotely, organizations can trust that SentryCard’s biometric authentication of team members offers proof-positive ID verification at every log-in — based on biometric information that’s impossible to forge.
As a holistic biometric security solution, SentryCard allows enterprises to bridge information silos between different teams — such as the divisions between operations, HR, and security — while achieving maximum security to protect against phishing attacks and data breaches.
Biometric Identification Without the Disadvantages
Until SentryCard, enterprises that used biometric access control faced two pressing disadvantages related to (1) biometric data risks and (2) COVID-19 related challenges. For many organizations, these disadvantages were significant enough that it prevented them from using biometric identification as a viable access control solution.
Here’s how SentryCard overcomes the typical disadvantages of biometric identification solutions:
Overcoming Biometric Data Risks
Most biometric identification systems need to save the ultra-sensitive biometric signature information of team members within their data systems. Any breach that exposes this information represents extreme risks and liabilities — both to team members whose biometric data gets exposed and to the organizations that could have their internal systems exposed to hackers as a result.
To ensure that organizations manage biometric data safely, several U.S. states have already enacted laws — such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) — that govern the collection, storage, and use of biometric information. The General Data Protection Rights (GDPR) law in the E.U. (and similar laws in the UK and India) also provide strict rules to ensure the protection of biometric data.
SentryCard overcomes these biometric data risks because it is:
- Decentralized: All biometric data is enrolled, stored, and matched entirely within the SentryCard itself. It never touches an external system.
- Unique: Every SentryCard has its own unique and inaccessible encryption key that protects all biometric data found within the card.
- Non-transferable: Only one person can use a SentryCard ever. As a single-use solution, once enrolling a team member’s biometric data into the card, no one else can use the card again.
- Controlled: After issuing a SentryCard, the team member that holds the card has total control over his or her biometric data that is safely stored in the credential.
- Irretrievable: Biometric data enrollment into the SentryCard is a one-way action. After enrollment, the data cannot be retrieved or changed. Once set, the credential is only capable of providing an affirmative or negative authentication output.
Hygienic Biometric Identification During COVID-19 Related Challenges
The COVID-19 pandemic has made it dangerous — from a hygienic standpoint — to use shared touchpads, which are common in most biometric identification solutions. Also, the need for masks during the pandemic has reduced the effectiveness of many facial identification systems.
SentryCard overcomes these COVID-19 related challenges because it is:
- A unique card that does not require employees to touch shared surfaces: Each SentryCard holder uses the physical SentryCard to verify his or her biometric ID information. This eliminates the need for multiple employees to touch any shared surfaces and reduces the risks of virus transmission.
- A device that does not rely on facial identification: The SentryCard uses biometric data from a fingerprint scanner found on the card itself. It does not rely on a video camera that might not be able to accurately identify someone wearing a mask.
The ROI of SentryCard: Positive Business Outcomes for Your Organization
SentryCard offers an immediate return on investment for organizations — while increasing security, mitigating the risk of data breaches, preventing phishing attacks, reducing complexity, and protecting employees from COVID-19 infections. Here are some of the most compelling ROI benefits that organizations achieve with SentryCard:
- Eliminate the need for secondary multi-factor authentication strategies
- Reduce helpdesk support instances
- Eliminate the need for password and phishing training
- Bypass the risks associated with storing biometric data
- Eliminate the costs related to servers and support for biometric software technology
- Eliminate the need to upgrade and/or replace legacy biometric readers
Would you like to see how quickly and easily you can integrate SentryCard into your existing IT infrastructure? Contact the SentryCard team and schedule a free tour of the platform now.